Become a Child Care Educator
HOW TO BECOME AN EDUCATOR
(LICENSED FAMILY CHILD CARE PROVIDER)
1. Contact the Department of Early Education and Care to attend a Potential Provider Meeting: Call the Department of Early Education and Care (978-681- 9684) to attend a Potential Provider Meeting. There is no fee for this meeting. At the conclusion of this meeting you will be given the application to become licensed.
2. Attend a Family Child Care Orientation at Child Care Circuit: The dates for Family Child Care Orientations are listed on the Training Calendar on the Child Care Circuit website. If you do not have access to a computer, you may pick up a listing of the dates in the first floor lobby at Child Care Circuit in Lawrence.
Select a date to attend the training.
Pre-registration is required.
The fee for the Orientation is $30.00 and must be paid online or in Cash or Money Order onsite.
Please note: you must bring your certificate from the Potential Provider Meeting to the Orientation to be admitted.
Children or other companions are not allowed in the trainings.
3. Become certified in First Aid and CPR for infants and children: Call the local Red Cross office or your local hospital to find a First Aid and CPR class for infants and children. The fee for this class will vary.
4. Complete the application and mail with appropriate paper work to the Department of Early Education and Care: The address is on the application. The fee is $100.00.
5. A licensor will contact you to arrange a visit to your home.